Volunteer to Make a Difference in the Lives of Kids in St. Louis’ Juvenile Justice System!
Being detained is a challenging time for youth. You can make an impact on a child’s life by connecting as an ECM volunteer. It is a life-changing experience for our children and our volunteers! How might YOU utilize the gifts God has given you to make a difference for the children we serve?
Consider these volunteer roles (2-3 hours/week or more):
- Library Assistant at the County Juvenile Detention Center
- Reading/Math Tutor, one on one or small groups.
- Program Assistant: Gather and organize supplies, help kids with the program activities.
- Research: find information/resources for youth programs (faith formation, crime prevention, music, grief/loss, etc.)
- Activity Assistant: Seasonal/special occasion activities (Holidays, Graduation, etc.)
- Career Talk: Share about your career (education/training, job opportunities, experiences, lessons learned, etc.)
- Ministry of Presence: Interact with kids one on one or in small groups, playing cards or games, watching movies, etc.
Do you have an idea God has placed on your heart that could inspire and motivate a kid that is NOT listed? We want to hear about it!
Make a difference by becoming an ECM volunteer! Contact us if you would like to serve in any capacity: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-436-3545.
Together, let’s bring hope and healing to children in the juvenile justice system!